Selmer Paris

The history of Selmer Paris dates back to 1885, when Henri Selmer, a clarinetist who graduated from the Paris Conservatorie, began manufacturing his own reeds and mouthpieces. In 1898 he began manufacturing clarinets and by 1900 he had won awards and began to export his instruments to England. 1906 marked the first shop in the USA, and by 1922 they were manufacturing saxophones as well. The first trumpet model, called the “Armstrong”, was introduced in 1933. Even into modern day, Selmer Paris has kept true to traditional designs while introducing innovative new models that satisfy even the most critical professionals.

Visit the official Selmer Paris website for more information.